Fox Cub is hiring an experienced Lead UI Artist for our mobile Slots games. Our company does not make flat, single colored UI or font designs. We design readable and exciting mobile game UI with heavy focus on readability, volume, and artistic rendering. (Reference Hearthstone, House of Fun, Clash Royale/Clan)
We are looking for someone who:
• understands how free-to-play games monetize
• can design UX flow for gameplay features and in-game promotional events
• can render artistically beautiful UI, titles art, and dialogs
• plays a ton of mobile games and understand how to reference
About Fox Cub Games
Fox Cub Games is a 100% distributed company – There are no physical offices, everyone works from home! Our team spans across 16 countries and operates through all major international time zones.
Our development process is collaborative and iterative. You will have a strong voice in designing the game, not just on visual appearance, but also on gameplay and products.
Lead UI Artist Responsibilities:
The Lead UI Designer will be in charge of menu and interface flow development for the studio projects and work closely with the Art Director and Game Designers to create a high-quality user experience
• Prototype workable UI wireframe flows
• Iterate menu flows until a final design is approved
• Drive assigned tasks through each stage of production: concept, wireframe, prototype, implementation, and refinement through to final sign-off
• Create style guides and communicate how we want our experiences to look and feel to the broader team
• Implement menus and interface following art direction
• Collaborate with Devs with implementing UI into the game
• Inspect the UI in game and iterate based on gameplay feedbacks
• Manage a team of UI / graphic artists
• Create high-quality titles and logos art
Lead UI Artist Qualifications:
Our ideal candidate is a designer able to translate elaborate game functions into a user-friendly and accessible menu. Strong visual communication skills are a must.
• 4 years experience in UI design for mobile games
• Previous experience in Video games UI design strongly preferred
• Photoshop and Illustrator proficiency
• Knowledge of freemium models and visual trends in mobile games user experience
• Must be skilled in visual communication and menu design in a monetization context
• Flexible to work on different projects with different deadlines
• Sophisticated design and typographic sensibilities
• Able to quickly come up with new visual treatments as well as adapting to established styles
• Solid and consistent body of relevant illustration and graphic design work
• Strong interpersonal skills to communicate effectively and contribute to team atmosphere
• Excellent time management and task planning abilities
• Task driven, self-motivated, communicative, and proactive personality.
• Passion for games a must!
Please send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with the title tag [Lead UI] and your name. Please write a short introduction and a link to your portfolio. No need for long lengthy paragraphs, your work will speak for itself.
Due to the volume of applicants, we can only reply to selected candidates. Thank you!
*We’ve rejected many applicants without a link to their portfolio. Please include a link!”