Fox Cub Games is looking to hire a Senior Unity Mobile VFX Technical artist with excellent technical knowledge and creative passion for VFX.
As a Senior VFX artist at Fox Cub you will work closely with the Art Director, design team, and programming team to lead the production and implementation of top quality VFX for our existing games and future projects. As a vital member of the art team you will provide insight and suggestions on how to raise the visual bar of our games, as well as using your technical understanding of the Unity engine to create efficient and optimised VFX and art pipelines for mobile platforms.
Being a team member at Fox Cub is a unique opportunity to work with a talented close knit team from around the world from the comfort of your home. We respect people who are honest, direct and have a “go-get-it-done-attitude”. Smart people like you don’t belong in corporations with bureaucratic hierarchies. Fox Cub Games is a company where you will make a difference!
- Create visually exciting VFX and shaders that are also optimized for current gen mobile devices.
- Take a lead role in raising the visual bar of our games VFX and technical art.
- Work closely with the development team to proactively solve problems regarding art implementation and optimization.
- Work closely with the animation team to ensure fluid and exciting visuals that encapsulate the projects style and required emphasis.
- 3+ years in mobile game development as a VFX artist or Technical artist.
- Solid understanding of Unity VFX techniques (particle systems, shaders, animations, optimizations) for mobile devices.
- Expert in creating high-quality particle effects and textures.
- The ability to view a visual reference of an effect, deconstruct it, and subsequently re-create it in Unity is essential.
- High proficiency in technical problem solving and creative innovation.
- Ability to work with both 2D and 3D assets effectively.
- Excellent communication and organisational skills with the ability to communicate effectively with other departments.
- Work remotely during Pacific Time Zone business hours.
- Fluent English is a MUST.
- A portfolio showcasing high-quality mobile effects reel
To apply, please send your CV, online portfolio and cover letter to email@example.com